Glow worm fires ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i wonder if anybody can help me ....All it is ,my parents have a glowworm opulence/opus fire with a back boiler , which apparantly are no longer available , the trouble is the coal bed has deteriorated to the point the flame is not burning correctly and the glass is about knackered too .
We have eventually found a supplier that can get the parts but we have been quoted 640 quid for them .
The situation were in is we have a fire that is well over 15 years old which we need to put all this money into to get it working again . We cant even just get any type of fire due to us having a back boiler ....
Does anybody know of anywere or anybody that has this fire still for sale .
If not would we be best in going for a combi bolier system , and roughly what sort of cost would this be . For a three bed terrace style house ......
Thanks ...

Sponsored Links
Normally when this type of kit is replaced,it all goes in the skip. It is generally not in ggod nick anyway. If you have the confidence, why not phone some local fiitters or fireplace shop, and ask if they will take your details, in case they come across one. Make sure you offer to pay,( or you will come over as a scrounger which I'm sure you're not) or they'l certainly not want to bother.
Have you tried ebay, or freecycle?

If the glass is just badly stained use a vey wet brillo pad to clean it up and brasso on a cloth with small circles to get stubborn bits off , fire glasses are getting ridiculous in price some are over 300 quid . Coal beds can be over a 100

Sometimes the back boiler fires have a different name from a standard fire even though they use the same bits have a trawl on ebay you maybe lucky and find what your after

Sponsored Links
HI HAVE JUST READ YOU CONCERN ABOUT THE GLOW WORM OPULANCE FIRE FRONT, I HAVE ONE FOR SALE IT IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. IF YOUR STILL INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back