Glow-Worm Flexicom 30CX F1 and F6 Faults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there people,

This morning our boiler stopped working, I reset it but to no avail. We keep getting either F1 or F6 fault codes on it, F1 being Ignition Fault and F6 being Central Heating Flow Thermistor.

We've also got no hot water. So no central heating or hot water on a day like this is just super! :LOL:

I've got no experience in boilers, but logically thinking about it - if F6 is to do with the central heating thermistor, why would that affect the hot water from the taps? So would it make more sense for it to be the ignition that's the issue?

We've called an engineer out through our home insurance but they can't get here until tomorrow PM.

Can anyone advise what they reckon it could be? Just thinking it could be worth giving the engineer a heads up before they get here tomorrow..

Or if anyone has a piece of magic advice to get it going..or if i'm being a complete idiot and it's an easy fix that I could possibly do, please let me know.

Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
So the engineer arrived yesterday and cleared the condense pipe. Whilst he was doing it, he was trying to pour hot water into a trap inside the boiler so it went down the condense pipe to melt any build up within it; but when pouring water into the trap it wasn't flowing down. He took the filter off and had a fiddle with the grey flexi pipe that connects the filter to main condense pipe and eventually the water from the trap went down freely.

An hour or so later, once again no hot water or heating, i had already replaced the thin lagging with thicker tubes wrapped in foil, i checked outside at the end of the condense and it was clear. So I summoned the bravery to access the trap where he poured the water and once again it wasn't flowing down.

What could now be the problem that's not letting the water flow down through the filter into the condense pipe!? We've rung them back to say its faulting again but obviously the're really busy today and don't reckon they can get anyone to us until tomorrow morning :cry:.

ANY help please! Not got the courage to play about disconnecting the filter and grey flexi pipe without a bit more knowledge behind it...

I'll start by saying I'm not a gas engineer and my understanding is that the trap forms part of the flue system and shouldn't be played with unless you know what you are doing.

That said I had an issue where the trap on my last combi wasn't free flowing and it was caused by a build up of scale inside the pipe work after the trap. The engineer had to replace the flexi pipe before it flowed freely again. Could be that the blockage wasn't properly cleared before.

Sponsored Links
I'll start by saying I'm not a gas engineer and my understanding is that the trap forms part of the flue system and shouldn't be played with unless you know what you are doing.

That said I had an issue where the trap on my last combi wasn't free flowing and it was caused by a build up of scale inside the pipe work after the trap. The engineer had to replace the flexi pipe before it flowed freely again. Could be that the blockage wasn't properly cleared before.

Sounds about right.. when he disconnected both ends of the flexi pipe, he blew down it and said it sounded clear but maybe a scale build up is the cause! I do live in a hard water area. Nice one, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back