glow worm fuel saver mk2 clanking noise

Both are aggresive chemicals and only used with caution.

The heat exchanger on a glowworm has vey small water ways and is prone to a blockage. (Ihave cleaned one this year alredy).

Fortunately, they are so easy to remove and clean I generally get my apprentice to do that job nowadays.

As I speak I have my mothers heat ex in my garden fizzing away!

Dave[/quote]

Thanks Dave, How much this can typically cost !

OR is possible I had opened or closed a wrong valve somewhere.

Thanks again for your help !

Sponsored Links
could be air or a blocked cold feed. did the header tank empty when you drained system

Yes the header tank did empty and even left it running to flush out any muck !

Partial or full blockage in the heat exchanger will be your problem. Remove it (or get someone that can) and clean it out. DS40 or D block will do it. Replace it and let me know know how your circulation is then.

Dave

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry what is DS40 or D block and where can I get it !

Both are aggresive chemicals and only used with caution.

The heat exchanger on a glowworm has vey small water ways and is prone to a blockage. (Ihave cleaned one this year alredy).

Fortunately, they are so easy to remove and clean I generally get my apprentice to do that job nowadays.

As I speak I have my mothers heat ex in my garden fizzing away!

Dave

Thanks Dave, How much this can typically cost !

OR is possible I had opened or closed a wrong valve somewhere (Please see my previous comments).

Thanks again for your help !

Sponsored Links
is flow pipe from boiler getting VERY hot (should not be more than 80c)

is it very hot even when turned to a low setting, if so I would be suspecting the boiler thermostat is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back