Glow Worm Fuelsaver Complheat 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Glow worm fuelsaver Complheat 80 boiler makes the noise like it's building up the pressure to trigger the burner ignition, but doesn't. Noise just goes on & on.

But sometimes it works OK for a while, then although all lights on, stops heating (still noisy though). Doesn't stay on all evening like it used to.

When I notice house is chilly (when it shouldn't be) I turn it off for about 15 mins and then select 'extra hour' and it ignites.

Sometimes when it's set to Auto, it doesn't ignite, although the lights are lit on the program unit and the boiler is making the noise like its trying to raise the pressure.

B4 Xmas had a new motor valve fitted, and 4 weeks ago had a new fan and air pressure switch fitted. Does anyone have any ideas what might be at fault? Have had 4 call outs now - can't afford for the engineer to keep replacing 'bits' but not solving the problem.

Many thanks

Angela :confused:

Sponsored Links
Just an update from me. Called the engineer back as despite fitting new fan and air pressure switch the problem persisted. He fitted new PCB this time and all is working reliably again. I'd forgotten just how efficient the system is when working properly! Engineer charged me the trade cost of the part only this time (£87) which was very much appreciated. Nice man. :D

Sponsored Links
You're obviously spokesman for the plumbing and heating trade.

Sorry chum but am very happy bunny.
Off now to get on with my work. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back