Glow worm Fuelsaver Complheat 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... I've got a problem with my Glow worm Fuelsaver Complheat 80. It's completely stopped heating water and the radiators.

The boiler comes on as usual and you can hear the pump running, but it doesn't even try to fire the ignition.

I took the cover off and it talks about 4 LED's that should be lit up. These are: LED 1 - PCB Power, LED 2 - Thermostat, LED 3 - Air pressure, LED 4 - Pilot.

I'm only getting LED's 1 & 2 lit up, and under troubleshooting it's saying that if LED 3 isn't lit the diagnosis is "Air flow proving fault - that is fan or air pressure switch"

Can anyone tell me if these parts are still readily available and if it's a cheap thing to fix? I'm worried I'm going to get told it's new boiler time, and that's an expense I'd rather not pay out for at the moment.

All help/advice greatly appreciated - many thanks...

Sponsored Links
The fault is related to combustion and so you should get a qualified RGI to look at it for you. They may be able to get it going again for a small fee. Most of the parts for this are still available. They are all generic across other Glow worm models.

The fault is related to combustion and so you should get a qualified RGI to look at it for you. They may be able to get it going again for a small fee. Most of the parts for this are still available. They are all generic across other Glow worm models.

Thanks for the quick reply - I'd always get someone qualified to look at it. My main worry is that I'd get told that the boiler is unserviceable and/or the necessary parts are not available.

The missus is keen to get rid of it because she wants the boiler out of the kitchen so she can have a new kitchen! She's been told it would be costly to move it.

The last time I had an engineer out to look at my gas fire I asked him to pass comment on the boiler, and he said it was "ok, but if anything went wrong with it, we may be better off getting a new boiler"

Is this boiler generally a good unit? I know very little about it, or how long it's potentially been installed? I'd be interested to know what people think of this boiler.

Many Thanks....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back