Glow worm hxi leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i had an issue with water dripping from the bottom of the casing of the boiler. the condensate trap and flexible hoses and seals were replaced, but problem started again about after 1 week. and then stopped again after that.

Since then have had other issues with the system not working properly on high boiler temperature so boiler has been running at below 50c for last weeks and no leaking. The pump was replaced yesterday which sorted out the issue and now boiler happily runs above 50c but the leaking problem has immediately come back.

So am wondering its either to do with the water now being pumped at a faster rate (like it was a few weeks ago) or that when running on higher temp it produces more condensate which cant get away quick enough??

Any ideas from anyone with similar issue?

Sponsored Links
Dear Iceman, I would first check that your condensate drain/piping is not blocked. After that I would suspect the newly fitted trap as the culprit, please see my experience below:

I have a GW Ultracom 24 HXI which is just over 2 years old. Since installation it has had 4 replacement condensate traps due to leaking problems. The last trap was fitted 10 months ago & has lasted until yesterday when it started leaking again. I had big problems with GW before they installed the last one, they said that my drain was blocked, so I removed it from behind a stud wall to prove that it wasn't. I left the boiler connected to the drain via a garden hose & it worked okay. When they did come out, I asked to inspect the old trap & found a crack in the joint at the 2015-11-08 08.37.55.jpg top of the casing. The engineer told me he had never seen this before (why would he though if he doesn't look?) I suspect this is what has happened again. When I reinstalled the drain pipe I left a section immediately beneath the boiler that I could remove easily if needed, I have again put a section of garden hose between the boiler & where the drain pipe starts & the boiler is now siphoning again albeit only in constant little dribbles, instead of the big glugs that it did. When the trap is finally replaced I will cut it open to see what's happened to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back