glow worm space saver 38 - doesnt like the cold!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have posted before about my boiler which is very old but is usually very reliable. We have managed to fix the usual problems such as pumps and thermo couples but recently it has started to refuse to fire up when the temp outside drops to sub zero. Last Friday it refused to fire up (and it was freezing outside) after a few days of being temperamental and switching itself off and on it decided it would run as per normal until last night when again the temp fell below freezing outside. Is there anything that might freeze over on this type of boiler? Can anyone suggest anything please?

Sponsored Links
is it getting correct voltage to the gas valve when it is expected to be on ?.if so it has to be the gas valve sticking

You need an RGI, go to GasSaferegister.co.uk and use the find an engineer query box if you do not have a regular engineer that you trust.

Please, think of your own safety, and your neighbours before diving in beyond your competences.

And, if you think safety is expensive, try having an 'incident'.

Dreadnought

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies. Had read somewhere that frozen condensation pipes could cause this but wasnt sure if this model had one, cant see one.

And thanks dreadnoughtheating, I/we wouldnt be so stupid as to mess with gas. We have phone several engineers but unfortunately they never turn up, must be able to pick and choose their customers in this weather.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back