Glow worm f/saver MkII, help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow worm Fuelsaver MkII. For a couple of years now it has been unreliable in the fact that the pilot light often went out. It is situated in the loft on the gable end of the house, so I always put this down to wind etc. When it refused to light full stop in the past, i have changed the thermocoupler and that seem to cure it, for a short while. However, this time i have changed the Thermocoupler, the pilot light lights, and the boiler fires up, but extinguishes after 5 to 30 mins every time it is re-lit.

Can anyone help? Please, I'm freezing :cry:

Thanks, Tudor...

Sponsored Links
If the pilot is good could be a dodgy overheat stat or associated wiring or the mag inside the gas valve, what a stupid place to put a boiler in the loft, bet you love keep going up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down ad nuaseam.

same boiler (glow-worm, although the 'space saver 38' model), same problem....until the plumber came to have a look of course then it stayed lit as if nothing was wrong :eek: I did notice however when looking through the window that some of the flames kept 'missing' on the burner, so that only half of the burner would be lit then it would go out altogether, anyway cut a long story short plumber adjusted the pressures to those stated in the antiquated instruction book and it has been working like a charm, he even added some noise reducer which I must admit I was a little sceptical about but that worked a treat too, no more radiator alarm clock at 5am!! :D

Thanks ppl. Yeah your not wrong there mate, it's always got right on my t*ts goin up and down, fumbling about in the dark etc. :mad:

Anyway, decided to go n get me a combi boiler tommorrow n throw that little glow worm out the window. :D Just out of curiousity, where's the overheat stat located?

Cheers, Tudor...

Sponsored Links
Top right hand on the flow pipe as it goes through the casing, sometimes they
get funny and work intermittantly if tapped or kbocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back