Glow worm space saver 80mk 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
old boiler well maintained in clean condition serviced by me every 12 - 18 months. Pilot lights easily and without a demand for ch or hw will stay alight indefinately. once heat is called for boiler will only stay alight for between 20 seconds and 8 minutes no matter what temp boiler is set to. main burner and pilot seem to go out together as valve 'clicks' shut?
i dont believe the thermocouple is at fault as it will stay light alone 'for ever' is the valve the likely cause? or perhaps something else..Many thanks Mark.

Sponsored Links
If you are Gas Safe registered you should have a very good idea what this is.

If you are not Gas Safe then I presume you are not checking the gas rate, burner pressure etc. In other words you are not ' servicing' it.

In short, a little knowledge is dangerous and from your post you have confirmed that you fall into this category.

Get someone to check it out for you who is competent, we are not meant to give out the type of guidance you aare looking for in this forum.

I think you should get a RGI, gas work should be done by someone competent. If you are a RGI join the CC.

Sponsored Links
To be fair to you, if your not gas safe registered, don't try to fix it. Problem could be with the pilot light, but without check it personally, it makes it difficult to check out the problem. Better safe than sorry - get the pros in. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back