Glow-worm Spacesaver 50 boiler problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,

My c/h is playing up and has for a while. Any help you can give, I'd be thankful for.

System is Glow-worm Spacesaver 50 boiler with header tank and overflow in the attic.
Grundfoss pump
two, two position leccy valves, one for hot water, one for c/h.
Thermostat in lounge and electronic 5-2 or 7 day timer.

From cold, boiler pilot starts and will hold pilot light forever unless I try to start it. Once I turn on the boiler, it runs for about 10-20 seconds before going out completely with a 'ping' or 'duumve' noise. It can be re-started at will but no point at it always goes out.

Regards,

J.

Sponsored Links
Need a new seal where the services enter combustion chamber bvelow the pilot assembly.

Got similar prob with my space saver 38

been suggested damn good service and thermocouple should sort it out

expense we can all do with out this time of year but heyho! got to be sorted.

si

Sponsored Links
Hi I am trying to find info about my glowworm spacesaver 50 boiler. There seems to be three main pipes coming out of it not inclusing the gas. They are all 22mm.

Can you explain what each pipe serves (Having a similar boiler yourself). There are two on the left as you look and one coming out of the top right which looks to feed the radiators above.

I am asking so when I come to have this changed I can describe to the plumber over the phone what pipes are in place. Any help would be much appreciated.

OR IF YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE MANUAL (Not on Glow-Worm Site for some reason) PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Many thanks

Liam

Hi Sorry, learnt from my mistake as soon as I did it and started a new topic immediately.

Sorry everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back