glow worm swift 75

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone.

new to this site so bear with me.

i went to look at the above boiler earlier and it has a problem of the hot water not coming on all the time when it is called for.this problem does not happen all the time as it did not happen when i was there.

as the hot tap is opened and closed(especially closed) there is a slight banging noise which i presume to be coming from the flow switch as you the noise when tap is shut off is from the valve closing.

is it a matter of replacing the flow switch or will it just need a good clean.

i don't get involved in servicing and other boiler issues to often as the vast majority of my work is new installations and re furbs,as a result my servicing knowledge is slightly(!?) lacking

any advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers
matthew

Sponsored Links
its more than likely gonna be the dhw flow switch breaking down, but i would also check the dhw sensor!! :D
fit a new shock arrestor this should help with the bounce/bang created by the dhw flow switch.
the replacement of the dhw flow switch will require removing the combustion chamber so if your a rgi all well and good, if not then please get someone who is! ;)

thanks for the reply gaspro. cheers.

do you know where is the shock arrestor located on these boilers?

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back