Glow worm ultimate 70ff wiring??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, i have a Gloworm Ultimate 70ff boiler, the system is Danfoss Heatplan with Prorgammer (2 x 2 port valves) according to the Heatplan wiring the boiler only needs Live, Neutral, Earth and a single Pump supply wire, also another wire if boiler needs a permanent live which i do not think it needs??? my question is, the boilers wiring diagram shows L,N.E supply from mains, L,N,E to the pump and two wires from the Programmer with the note * REMOVE RED LINK AND FIT SWITH LIVE FROM PROGRAMMER the two wires are connected to 1 x Thermostat/pump overrun and the other to the main pcb. i hope that this makes sense. can anyone tell me what the correct wiring should be as there is confusion between the Heatplan and the Boilers wiring diagrams
Rob

Sponsored Links
if the question is about the pump, then the N & E can come from either the boiler or the wiring center but the live needs to come from the boiler.
the permanent live i think provides power for pump overrun but check the MI's to be sure

Hi
Thanks for the reply, i think that i am okay with the pump looks like it just needs a live from the pump to the boiler, also it looks live the boiler gets its live feed from the orange wires?? the main one that is confusing me is the switched live from the programmer surely the switching comes through the system prog,stats,valves and not directly to the boiler, but if so if nothing is connected to the pcb and Thermostat connections will the boiler work, sorry if this is confusing but difficult to explain.

valve/s orange wire/s go to switched live on boiler
permanent live goes from 1st Live in wiring center(same terminal as power from main FCU/switch and timer live power)to P/L on boiler (to provide power for pump overrun)
Pump Live goes from pump live on boiler to pump (not pump to boiler :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
Hi
Is there any way of copying photos onto this forum, i am still confused, i am trained in electrics but the workings of my central heating has got me pulling my hair out, problem is it has been wrong for 10 years pump running non stop water always hot, i have worked out that the wiring is in a complete mess, i know how to rewire but unsure about the boiler wiring.

Rob[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back