how to wire a pump overrun from a Glow worm ultimate 50FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a few problems with my system and have replaced the pump, mid position valve and controler over the last year.
i wired them all back up with the diagrams that i was given when i got the house.
this cause me an issue where I could not get the mid position valve into the mid position, so I started to look at how it was wired up.

a guy who does plumbing and heating local to me gave me the wiring diagrams he uses and said to use them and it should fix the issue.
he uses the mid position valve system with LWC3 junction box diagrams.

so I have wired my system to this diagram, but I am an bit stuck with the pump overrun from my boiler, it is a glow worm ultimate 50FF.
the way i have it at the moment the boiler keeps cutting out on overheat and the last time the boiler did this the pump had gone, now I know the pump is ok so I am thinking I have not got the pump overrun wired corectly and this is why the boiler is cutting out

I have three wires coming out of the boiler
a Blue conected to PN
a Brown conected to P
and a green and yellow conected to SL.

I have conected the Blue PN to the neutral junction 2 in the LWC3 junction box.
I have conected the green / Yellow to the Live junction 1
and I have got the Brown P in the spare junction 10.
I have also taken the pump live out of Junction 7 and put this into the junction 10.

i thought this would make the pump overrun work, but this is now causing the boiler to cut out on overheat

where should I be putting the PN,P & Sl from the boiler and do I need to move any of the other wires.

Many thanks

Tango

Sponsored Links
you need 5 cables from boiler to wiring center permant live , neutral , earth then a switched live and a pump live

Sponsored Links
terminal 12&3 in wiring center will go to LN&E on boiler terminal 7 from wiring center to SL on boiler , P on boiler is wired to pump live on a spare terminal in wiring center

hi tango you need to connect the pump to the boiler , so

pn to pump neutral

p to pump live

e to pump earth

do not connect anything else to between or to these connections,

number 7 in the wiring centre should have the orange from the 3 port valve connects to SL in the boiler and 1 2 and 3 which is L N and E connects to L N and E in boiler , remove the red link between SL and 9 if you havent done so.

so just to check what I am doing.

I have two neutrals from the boiler so I can stick them both into jct 2

the live from the boiler needs to go to the perm live on jct 1 rather than jct 7 as shown on the drawings.

the SL from the boiler into jct 7

put P from the boiler and the pump live into the spare way

you dont need 2 neutrals to boiler if pump is wired to wiring center it will get its neutral from terminal 2

skateboard-084.gif

well for the first time in a year.

I can put the hot water on and the valve stays in hot water.
if i put heating on only the valve goes to the heating position.
and if I want both then it goes to the middle position. :eek:

the boiler has not gone out on overheat yet so it is looking good. :D

Many thanks for all your help guys. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back