Glow Worm (Valliant) UltraCom 30cxi schematic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In trying to fix the control PCB for my boiler, I reverse engineered a schematic that then showed me where the fault was. I now share this in the hope that it may now help others.

Note: This is a FULL circuit diagram and INCLUDEs components NOT FITTED (N/F) to the PCB - for this I have made an educated guess as to what these components are (not that it matters of course).

NOTE!
Resistors: R1, R3, R18, R19, R13, R12, R32, R30, R36, R37, R11 & R6 are all 4K7 (if otherwise marked differently).

My version of the PCB:

3D rendering of my copy of the PCB

3D rendering WITH non-fitted comps:

Hopefully it's all correct but DO NOT assume that it is of course. ;)

Cheers,

Andy

Sponsored Links
I don't know anyone who would even understand what you've posted....

If your pcb is broken buy a new one

Sponsored Links
i don't get what is being done here?

how does all this help you?

if you're a RGI gas guy.....then you're talent is wasted fixing boilers that any trained monkey can do.....

if you're not a RGI.....really.....you shouldn't be touching the boiler in the first place.

we ALL need to get out more!!

It helped me to replace a 50p capacitor instead of spending £100 on a new PCB and now my water is hot, house warm. Also I was bored, stuck in doors with man-the-fk-up flu. No, I'm not an RGI and hence no Gassy type things were touched.

^ maybe, but I have had enough snot coming (fnarr fnarr) out of me as it was. GF wasn't going anywhere near me either. Oh, cruel world.

It helped me to replace a 50p capacitor instead of spending £100 on a new PCB and now my water is hot, house warm. Also I was bored, stuck in doors with man-the-fk-up flu. No, I'm not an RGI and hence no Gassy type things were touched.

...except, of course, the small issue that the PCB controls the gas valve, and the fan (which affects combustion) and the flame rectification etc etc, so technically gassy type things were most definitely touched

Amazing what you have done, way above my head. I have now realised I am just one of those trained monkeys fixing boilers :LOL:

cannot get the image up on the lap top ? but

Is this one of them in-famous symsi pcb's an example of carp electronics dumped into boilers by some manu

Symsi is probably some word that translates or means "Turkey" ??? :)

power cut symsi can go t*ts up , turn the fuse spur off symsi can go T*ts up

Breathe on it symsi can go T*ts up etc etc

Gloworm should get an award the "electronics turkey award" along with Johnson & Starley for the Reno carp & the legendary potty suprima pcb

:) :) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back