Glow Worm (Valliant) UltraCom 30cxi schematic

Have you any tips for an ultracom hxi15 Dan? I determined on my spare one that it will happily change the flow temperature when the outdoor sensor is switched in and out, but the sensor doesn't show up in the diagnostics even with the correct passnumber. So I can't set the curve and offset which put the scupper on things.

Also, the 2012 model suffers from slight noisy ignition (brief thrumming sound, definitely combustion related) which the 2008 model didn't. Both my gas engineer and I are mystified. Did something change in the design, do you know? He's tried adjusting the gas/air ratio with no effect.

Sponsored Links
Don't like Glowworm, so not as up with them as I might be. Could be an idea to find a local person up on Vaillant boilers ;).

There's not much you can legally do to your boiler though.

As I discovered today Waseem. It can take 2 days for some to pass that course.

In reality, anyone with an IQ in double figures should be able to do it, and the requisite training inside of a good lunch break.

As with many things in our industry, the ticket you have has naff all relation to the actual knowledge and ability outside of the assurance (hopefully) that any work will be left safe at the end.

How well it works is another matter entirely.

Sponsored Links
Aye indeed, I won't be touching any part of the gas train. Fortunately you don't need to open the combustion chamber to access the connections.

He is a Vaillant accredited installer and said he will ask glow worm technical, I will follow that up.

I went for the glow worm as money was tight and the 400 series is pretty much the same boiler in a Vaillant box, and I didn't fancy an ally heat exchanger. The poor modulation behaviour is my main bugbear with it.

Hopefully it will last longer than the previous one as I've sorted the short cycling problem.

Edit, crossed posts, I'll be leaving the noisy ignition for my gas engineer although I'm not sure it's bad enough to require a warranty call. It's not loud, merely slightly irritating as the previous one was quiet as a mouse.

Agree Dan you only get the knowledge by working with someone who is well experienced only so much you can learn on a course. Mogget even if it's a slight issue I'd still ring technical

I say bring on the ladies with big blouses(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I could say something else but in view of some of the preceding comments I have better not in case I get called something.

Quite often I walk around and go out with non white looking women and I have to say that I virtually never get any funny looks, neither in the UK, France nor in southern Africa.

In fact about the worst that I can remember was my wife selecting tomatoes in a London street market and the costamonger saying "you foreigners are all the same expecting the best ones" she just replied that at least she did not speak in cockney!

Agile I don't like playing race but just one of the dudes comments I felt he was implying something like I said its not only a minority of Caucasian/white but also Asian black etc you get prejudiced people wherever you go.

I like abit if banter don't like snide comments. That's if they were and maybe I jumped the gun.

I better take my blouse off

Hi Underwuride

I hope U R well & still active here...
Just came across your post;... I accept it is over 5 Years old;... & I'm very impressed with your PCB reverse engineering;... top man...
These pesky F22;... F25 faults are most annoying... Having the same PCB;... also after looking at it... I have a question...
Being a pensioner;... retired Advanced Plumber & 16th Edition Electrician...
Would it be possible;... if U can spare some of your precious time... To indicate some components required;... relay etc & a Schematic;... so that I can have a remote indication of when the boiler has gone into a fault mode...
I.E. my boiler is in an attached outhouse & some 20m away;... through the Kitchen;.. along the Hall to where I rest...
The 1st I get to know the dam Flexicom 24X boiler with the same PCB;... has gone;... tripped into fault mode is some 30+ minuets later;... longer if I've nodded off... Then after resetting the time it takes to warm back up...
Kind Regards
El Tel90 (terry)

I don't know anyone who would even understand what you've posted....

If your pcb is broken buy a new one
ROFL
There are many people with basic electronic knowledge;... more than will to fix a few components for a few £'s than getting ripped off;... buying a full PCB board...
That is the trouble with trade people of today;... Monkey C Monkey Do;... stuff the expense...
Your case...
You have more money than sense...
That is like saying;... "Your vehicle failed it's M.O.T. for a faulty Exhaust"... buy a new car...
Hi,

In trying to fix the control PCB for my boiler, I reverse engineered a schematic that then showed me where the fault was. I now share this in the hope that it may now help others.

Note: This is a FULL circuit diagram and INCLUDEs components NOT FITTED (N/F) to the PCB - for this I have made an educated guess as to what these components are (not that it matters of course).

NOTE!
Resistors: R1, R3, R18, R19, R13, R12, R32, R30, R36, R37, R11 & R6 are all 4K7 (if otherwise marked differently).

My version of the PCB:

3D rendering of my copy of the PCB

3D rendering WITH non-fitted comps:

Hopefully it's all correct but DO NOT assume that it is of course. ;)

Cheers,

Andy
Andy
or
Can anyone recommend a FREE program that will make the text more darker;... readable when zooming in on the 1st schematic drawing...
As it is it blurs out;... pixelates making it hard 2 read the components...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back