Glow Worm (Valliant) UltraCom 30cxi schematic

Waseem as a white man with an immigrant wife, I read that contributors post as a derision of your installers intelligence rather than your, or his place of birth or cultural heritage.

I understand sensitivity towards discrimination as my missus and I suffer it on a small level both here and in her home country.

However, in this case I am confident that the defensive has been taken unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If does sadden me that there is enough prejudice and bigotry out there that this kind of misunderstanding is made.

You only have to read the general forum here to see we have a long way to go.

I've had snide comments made to me before at work a customer kept asking me if my parents are born in kashmir how did I end up here when I told him they migrated he kept saying hmmm strange. Said he's very confused still how I ended up here. That's just an example. You have indirect unvented racism rather than directly calling me derogatory names. It's not just white folk who are prejudiced you get these folk in every race

Sponsored Links
All I asked was should a VR66 come with a VR10
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Never let it be said a poster gets under sold here.

My missus' home country are just as bad as the more ignorant parts of the UK.... I think it is the same everywhere though. But as a nation who's pride is largely based on imperialist enterprise, we should at least be more open minded to other races and cultures (as with SWMBO's lot too ;) ).

Fortunately in my experience as a person of mixed English/Welsh heritage (humour) I don't meet many people who are racist towards people from other isles, but there are a few who are sadly, and I can understand how if you are exposed to it on a regular basis you might begin to see it everywhere. The British can certainly be sarcastic and it is a part of life here. But please don't think its always about race because usually (although not always) it isn't.

Trust me, when you walk around a predominately white area, with a non aryan spouse, you notice a lot of stares. Possibly due to the height difference between us, possibly because in my case, she is in her 40's and still gets ID'd for booze so i must look like a paedo :LOL:.

But the looks and stares get noticed in both countries. Especially when we have our son with us in her home nation.... the younger generation are looking with interest, the older generation almost sneer at you. That at least doesn't happen here (noticeably)

I'm sure ive heard it all before :D

Even though I can't speak any Welsh because I've always lived in England.

Yea can imagine you getting stares in her home country. Need to be more open minded. You only need to check on social media people still living in neanderthal times. I've learnt my lesson not to ask about VR66's didn't know it's such a taboo

As a diyer without a g3 ticket I'd probably have got the same response.

I think the reason being that if the professionals on this forum helped out a diyer with an unvented cylinder and something went wrong, the poster or forum owner could have a lawsuit filed against them. Many diyers would probably be quite capable of fitting an unvented properly but law says only g3 can do it, which as far as I understand it, includes the controls.

It did look in the other thread like there wasn't any installer (from what we could see written) and we get a lot of people pretending there is an installer when there isn't, and trying to explain it away, so we have to be careful.

There's definitely an installer I don't know with a G3 ticket. I don't know anything about diy most I can do is decorate a room I'm pretty useless. Because I bought the bits and I was trying to get some info from the guys on here who definitely know their stuff. I'm abit of a tech geek and like to use the best makes as it's better in the long run

Have to agree with you on using good quality items. I think to be honest it's a false economy to install, say, ferroli for instance. I have stuck with standard 240v controls though, as I have a small house with a relatively small gas bill, I don't have piles of money due to ill health, and I'd have never saved the money back in efficiency improvements. It only takes a breakdown or two to wipe out the savings from a better system.

On the other hand I'd have liked to add weather compensation. I don't know why more boiler manufacturers don't make boilers with two switched live connections, one for weather compensated heating, one for dhw. It would make things so much simpler. (in fact I do know why, they'd make less money selling controls).

Mogget.... you'd be surprised at what many boilers and third party controls can do that is not written in the literature.

As well as what can be created to make boilers do what is not in the literature... some of which is not strictly legal though ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back