Gloworm 15hxi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been getting boiling in my heat exchanger i have put cleaner through the system and add a magnetic sypon to collect all debris in system. But one thing i noticed when doing this is the pipe that is meant to be the return on the boiler is the pipe that gets hot 1st when the boiler fires up. does this mean the flow and return has been mixed up and is this an issue that needs addressing the boiler was fitted 3 years ago and up until the system had muck in it it worked ok.

Sponsored Links
If fitted in reverse this can be dangerous on a regular boiler as safety stats monitor the flow. Your's also has a sensor on the return but not sure it'll work with a reverse temperature differential (eg. return over 20C higher than the flow). On the other note if your heat exchanger is blocked, you're unlikely to clear it in situ, it may have to come out. This is because it's not a continuous coil, so water will tend to 'short circuit' unblocked batches of coils.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back