Gloworm 30 hxi boiler noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i have a gloworm 30 hxi boiler. I had the time clock, room stat and cylinder stat changed 6 months ago when i moved in. The setup before did not let you just have the hot water on. Now when both the hw and htg are on together the boiler is fine. But when i turn the room stat down to zero the boiler gives me the noise problem. It happens when the boiler fires up (green light on), makes the vibrating noise then the light goes out. I've had the boiler serviced and setup to run correctly but the noise is still happening. I've been told its to do with the flow. It also has a bypass fitted in the airing cupboard and there is one 3 port valve. Any ideas on a solution?

Sponsored Links
I have a problem because I dont know if its always been like this or is a sudden fault.

If its a 3-port valve then no bypass is needed.

It sounds as if the flow is poor when HW is being taken. Perhaps there is some valve which is not fully open.

Its virtually impossible for us to diagnose your fault without full knowledge of the entire situation and doing simple tests. For all I know it might never have been properly installed in the beginning. Easy to see on site but impossible on the internet.

Tony

Edit, he says its find on CH and HW and the problem is on HW only Paul.

did the service engineer remove & clean the condensate siphon during servicing as they are supposed to ? They get blocked very easily on this model.

If not the boiler itself can make a loud noise when lit due to combustion chamber having water inside...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back