Gloworm 30cxi fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my central heating is turned off via the mechanical timer, it still turns on at the times that I had set. I’ve tried turning the radiator temperature to zero, put all the tabs back into the off position and it still comes on twice a day at the times I had set. I thought it was a faulty timer so I have replaced it and it still happens. Could it be a faulty pcb board. The only way to stop it is to turn the boiler off, which means no hot water and with the price of gas at the moment I need to get it sorted.
Has anyone ever seen this before, any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your boiler is firing up at the preset times you mentioned, surely the fault is with the timer?

Was your room stat upgraded when you had the cxi fitted?

I take it you are referring to the "mechanical timer" on the front of the boiler.

Capture.JPG

Is there some other control elsewhere? Sometimes, when new external controls [programmable thermostat / Nest / Hive etc.,] are fitted the old timer is disconnected, so no longer does anything, because the new controls also have time control built in.

Sponsored Links
Yes more information would be advisable here, additional external controls, is it definitely a CXI? Take a photo of said timer please too.

The timer has been changed and we don’t have any other thermostats or controls, everything is set from the boiler, which has worked perfectly for the last 14 years.

The replacement timer, was this brand new or 2nd hand?

It was a refurbished timer, I find it hard to believe that two timers would have the same fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back