GLOWORM 30CXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping you can solve this

My boiler has started leaking and after reading other subjects about this boiler I am begining to understand that it may not have been the best purchase.

Is there anything i can do to rectify this problem. I pretty sure its the condencing trap as i've read in other cases can this be fixed? there is no blockage i can see so It a strong possibility its the black tubes connecting to the condencing trap.

Here's hoping for a solution

Damo.

Sponsored Links
You need to ensure the boiler is out of the warrantee.

If so then you have to see exactly when the leak is coming from.

A clue will be that if its system water leaking then the pressure will fall.

If its condensate then it will only leak if the boiler is running. If so then it may be a nuisence but its not very serious.

There will be seals on the trap and it may be possible to refit or tighten something.

On these plastic boilers its essential to look with a very strong light to identify exactly whats leaking.

Tony

Thanks for your advise

It only leaks when the system is running and yes its out of its warentee i've have had a look and it seems to leak at the same time as water runs through a little pipe attached to the bottom of the boilers condensing trap to the outside drain. it looks like its the little ribbed black tubes connecting to the trap the seals could be defective but Im not 100% sure.

this one can be deceptive the rear flue seal on the back of heat ex can go and then start leaking condense, but appearing to come from the black plastic pipes, they also can crack and leak, so check carefully.

Sponsored Links
I will do. thanks again. whats the best way to check the rear flue seal....I guess its just a case of feeling for water.

this one can be deceptive the rear flue seal on the back of heat ex can go and then start leaking condense, but appearing to come from the black plastic pipes, they also can crack and leak, so check carefully.

Very common on these, especially those made about 2 years ago.

The new ones seem to have been re-designed to cope with this.

Any work in the combustion chamber is a job for an RGI. There are safety implications.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back