Gloworm 35cxi boiler failed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
GLOWORM 30Cxi

Can i pressurise or temp fix my boiler? The recharge valve is broken, and the boiler has lost pressure now.

We are in dispute with homeserve, engineer charged it up to get it running, but wont fit parts until we pay for powerflush (£450 + per rad surcharge) Which i think is extortion. Boiler is 2years old.

tia

Sponsored Links
ya norm can get the old valve to work as a temp repair by taking the valve out and freeing it with a electricians screwdriver

cant see why they cant change the valve :confused: what reason have they given for the flush? is the hose to the vessel blocked?

right...spot on, pushed the valve down and works fine thanks. Now the problem it seems is actually due to the reduced pressure zone valve, when i open the filler loop, it's leaking out the bottom of what looks like a drain off port (serated port looks like a push fit pipe should hang off it)

Can i dismantle the valve it's all brass.

thanks again for your prompt replies.

Sponsored Links
no, it will most likely leak even worse!
its called a diconnector and will need replacing, they norm only leak wen filling the system up so id put a bucket under it and keep a eye on it. if ya need to replace it i can get ya the part no, its a easy job to do ;)

Ok cheers, ive refitted it, leaking so fast can only wants to hold at .3 bar then bails out water faster, so i guess im ****ed on a saturday afternoon in dorset?

Part no. would be most appreciated thanks!

gc E88824, manufacturers pt no 801674, should be £40 tops. id try ringing round ya local plumber spares as its a common fault

Hey thanks very much for all your help!! ;)

In answer to your previous question, i don't know why they want to powerflush my system because of this. Obviously a scam, these guys were representing HOMESERVE so anyone else out there be warned. hey charged me a callout fee of £198 for fck all basically. Now wont fix it till ive paid £600 (includes extra radiator surcharge) for powerflush. So a bill of £800. :eek:(
When i can fix myself for £40. ******s.

if they were representing homeserve you shouldn`t have had to pay anything if you are insured with them? i used to do homeserve jobs, we attended jobs, homeserve paid us to attend and fix problem, all one price no matter wat the part cost etc............we only wouldn`t fix anything that was at risk due to poor installation etc.......well we would but remedial work would have to be done first...sorted out by customer at own expense.........

sounds like you need the complete filling kit. part no. 2000802600
easy to fit. turn off water, drain boiler(black valve under boiler) 2 clips, bit of silicone grease, bish bash bosh and your away :D

We didn't have insurance as the boiler was relatively new (but out of warranty)
SO we paid the magical one off fee of 180 sheets to fix our boiler.

Been a catalogue of errors though with the service company saying they'd be back with parts then didn't, that was about 9days ago. And weve had no hot water since, now the boiler has depressurised, so no heating, not good for a family with baby and 3 year old :eek:/

And im loathed to fork out more money to somone else, let alone afford it. Complaint department dealing but very busy apparently...

Whilst im on here and a few of you seem to know this boiler well! When it was working, it had issues with the hot water, rads were red hot so it was heating the water fine, i get the impression it's the divertor valve, but im no expert.

Any opinions welcome!!

cheers.

yep, diverter valve is passing, although this may be caused by a blocked plate heat exchanger, as the excess pressure forces the diverter open.

Hey thanks very much for all your help!! ;)

In answer to your previous question, i don't know why they want to powerflush my system because of this. Obviously a scam, these guys were representing HOMESERVE so anyone else out there be warned. hey charged me a callout fee of £198 for fck all basically. Now wont fix it till ive paid £600 (includes extra radiator surcharge) for powerflush. So a bill of £800. :eek:(
When i can fix myself for £40. ****.

Your just another fish they have caught i cant understand why joe public keep calling these corporate companies,
they are american owned what do you expect, free tickets to see mickey mouse, call out a local plumber and stop using these scammers your lucky he has not condemed it and asked you to pay 7k for a new boiler.

Well, i agree, but at the time, i had an f1 issue, which after some testing myself pointed to the Gas valve failure, at 175 sheets for the part im on a winner there straight away, no local plumber was prepared to quote near that to fit, and i don't blame them. But yes Homeserve are fking useless, bunch of young inexperience people from a call centre, believing everything theyre told by service companies unfortunately some of these companies are as dodgy as they are.

As it was they fitted the Gas valve and it was still ****ed lol and theyve left it in there so im happy.

Seems like i have the wrong boiler though :oops: reading some other threads on here about 30cxi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could write chapter and verse about the 30cxi, basically its a s**t boiler. I work for a company that is resposible for about a thousand of these and there is not one of our engineers would have one in there own homes.
the heat ex problem is more than likely the seals to the flue which are prone to leaking condense. never had a problem with the heat ex itself just the seals.
the siphon trap is badly designed and prone to blockage, again condense leaking.
the cartridge in the diverter valve again is prone to problems, we change on average 3 or 4 of these a week.
if i moved house and inherited one of these the first thing I would do would be rip it out and get another boiler.

i moved in to house last year with one of these boilers (WHAT A PEACE OF S**T) i have had nothing but problems f14, f1, you name we have had it . the only thing you can do is get some decent boiler cover i had boiler cover with my barclys acount you pay about £10 for this acount and you get car cover boiler cover the lot its well worth getting as its saved me £800 last year and you get a thousand pounds a year cover on your boiler. if you have a GLOW WORM 30 CXI YOUR F**KED

pmsl i shouldn't be laughing really. Taken out boiler insurance with BG now, but has 14days grace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back