Gloworm boiler pilot problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I'm new here so forgive me if I'm asking something old ,
I have a gloworm ultimate 60bf boiler which has a pilot problem . Pilot stays on fine on its own until the burners fire up , when they do the system runs fine everything heats up but every time the burners cut out the pilot knocks off 10 seconds later , anyone seen this before ? Thermocouple has been replaced but hasn't fixed the problem .

Sponsored Links
Get a service done and ask your man to pay particular attention to the pilot assy. Common fault on these.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I assumed that you meant the pilot workings within the gas valve block itself , the external pilot assy has been looked at ie thermocouple and pilot itself and that appears to be working fine but as I say it just keeps cutting out when the main burner gets to temp and cuts off

So who exactly changed the thermocouple and inspected the pilot light assembly?

Tony

My gas guy did it as he assumed that was the problem , as most would . But before I get him back I would like to do some research rather than let him have at it and present me with a huge bill for parts that I may not need . If I can direct him to the problem faster then I can save some money . Well that's the theory

Well I would never assume a thermocouple is the problem.

I always make measurements to ensure a correct diagnosis.

But I am aware that many dont measure anything. When/if I give a short talk on boiler component measurements to RGIs before a curry meal then I will be covering that, speed measurement on fans and LCR measurements on fans and gas valves!

Since he was paid to correctly diagnose the fault then you should call him back! If he has problems with a simple diagnosis then point him towards the closed forum on the site for RGIs where we can help him.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back