Gloworm Boiler Ignition Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Gloworm Space Svaer 40B Mk2 balanced flue boiler that has suddenly developed the following fault. When it's switched on it fires up momentarily then cuts out. The pilot light is fine, but the burner will not stay on for more than a second or so. Any suggestions as to the cause?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yeah it's deffo balanced, natural draft (so I'm told).

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
only thing that springs to mind is gas valve :D

Am I right in thinking the gas valve contains the solenoid on this model i.e. just one unit. Therefore I will have to replace the whole unit :rolleyes:

Is there any way to test the solenoid/gas valve, as I have had a quote for a new one which is £145+vat. This would be an expensive error if its not the valve that needs replacing.

As long as the thermostat isn't shutting it off there aint nothing else on them lovely boilers, I will stake PlumpKevs reputation on that :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies guys, now for my next dumb ass question ;) .....

How can I test the thermostat?

Multimeter required, not sure of voltages on your model so be careful, click stat on and off and see if it sends and cuts power to gas valve .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back