gloworm flowswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i have a glowworm combi boiler swiftflow 80.i was having problems with getting hot water.was told it was flowswitch problem,as central heating was working fine.boiler sometimes would not fire up when hot water turned on.i had f/switch replaced-seem to work fine for a few hours-then no hot water again.i would wait 10/15 mins and it works.keeps on doing this now and again,any ideas. thanks.mark

Sponsored Links
After 10-15 mins, are you having to re-light the pilot before you can use it again?

gas4you";p="1227220 said:
After 10-15 mins, are you having to re-light the pilot before you can use it again?[/quote

hi dave.no.it just fires upas normal.

Ok. That should eliminate the boiler cutting out due to overheat then.

Is the ch still working ok? If not I would suspect the pump, or at least a lack of circulation via some fault.

Sponsored Links
Easy change, but they hold current! Bring PCB's to earth before touching them!

Oh, and if the Thermocouple goes dont be surprised if an RGI charges an hours labour to do it. :!:

thanks for all replies.i will get gasman to have a look.i will let you know what happens.thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back