Gloworm Spacesaver 50 Kb/B?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone help me out, ive just been to price a job (o/v system boiler swap)and the boiler had 3 pipes going into it.
Can anyone identify what they are for me please 2 on left and one on right all 22mm-3/4 copper is one a cold feed/vent?
Which is which, cheers in advance. Oh if one is a combined feed and vent will it be ok to fit a air seperator above the boiler teeing the cold feed and vent in there, thanks in advance.
Forgot too mention its a fully pumped y-plan.

Sponsored Links
? Explain more why not use the combined feed and vent. Is this what the 3rd pipe is.

What would you recommend doing with this 3rd pipe (assuming its a combined feed/vent to fill system) tee it in just before the pump?

Sponsored Links
i was just thinking that generally i would consider that as not good practice.

i cant visualise the configuration of the spacesaver off the top of my head i'm afraid, but might it be flow, h/w return & separate c/h return

Forgive my ignorance but how would i configure that then. Join the HW and CH returns together? Ive never heard of that set up before ie HW and CH return.

its very common.
go back in time - gravity h/w & pumped c/h=2 flows & 2 returns.
if this were converted to y plan you may well get 1 f & 2 r.
check out old e types ,mexicos,wrs,wcf etc.

any way just work it out. check out the airing cupboard & attic.
where do the c/f & o/v go.

Timmy with only doing 3 jobs a day you should be able to spend time on this and work it out for yourself. :LOL:
It all depends what boiler you are fitting in place of the existing as some manufacturers recommend combined feed and open vents although the majority stipulate individual.
Why not fit a system boiler, it will take the hassle of running a pipe back up to the tank away and also work better

Timmy with only doing 3 jobs a day you should be able to spend time on this and work it out for yourself. :LOL:
It all depends what boiler you are fitting in place of the existing as some manufacturers recommend combined feed and open vents although the majority stipulate individual.
Why not fit a system boiler, it will take the hassle of running a pipe back up to the tank away and also work better

Im going to be fitting a o/v system boiler, i just couldnt get me head round the way it was piped up. I didnt get a good look at the f/e tank but a pipe came down from the loft and went under the floor, im assuming this was going to be this 3rd pipe into the boiler. There was also a 15mm pipe tee'd into the return (with a gate valve fitted bad practice?) in the cylinder cupboard.
I just thought some of the senior more experienced people on here would of known the set up of this boiler.

PS i dont do 3 jobs everyday sometimes more :eek:

So have you read the MI`s of the boiler you are fitting to see what it asks for.
First rule of pricing any job especially a change over is have a GOOD look otherwise you can seriously under price a job and end up looking incompotent in the customers eyes when you spend extra day on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back