Gloworm spacesaver F 45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gloworm boiler that bangs after firing, and cutting out on temperature, it appears to happen as it cools down, my service engineer says that is normal, he services a lot of these boilers on the estate, but i cant believe ther isnt a fix, any suggestions? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Generally a boiler banging means that it is overheating due to a lack of circulation.

Could be the pump, sludge in the system or the heat exchanger scaled/blocked up.

This would be especially true if you mean the boiler is cutting out on the overheat stat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions, but the boiler runs sweet no kettling or other noises , but when it has satisfied demand approx 45seconds after shutting down the sheet metalwork seems to flex and bangs just once, any thoughts :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back