Programmer says "OFF" but boiler remains "ON&

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently developed a problem with my Potterton Netaheat 10-16 and Gloworm programmer.

Despite the programmer's manual switches being switched to the "Off" position the boiler continuously fires up and heats hot water. The central heating system seems unaffected and the radiators remain cold. the boiler continues to heat hot water until the correct temperature is reached, the thermostat cuts in, switching off the boiler for about 10 minutes before it starts up all over again.

It's driving me potty (sorry!!).

The only way to stop the problem is to turn off the programmer power supply at the mains which prevent's the boiler firing up.

I have tried replacing the programmer front but the problem remained the same. After a suggestion from a previous post I checked the motorised valves but they all also appear to be working correctly.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There won't be anything to see just the microswitches sticking on on the hot water actuator. Try taking the head off if its possible and moving the valve itself by hand just to make sure its not that which is sticking.

Many Thanks Gaz and Ollski

Finally worked out it was only the motor in one of the 2 way valves, £15 in B & Q sorted it out.

Appreciate your help in getting an idea where the problem was, I really didnt have any idea where to look first and you saved me a lot of time and money ;)

Thanks again.

Eiephant_Guy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back