Gloworm sxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have put a Gloworm ultrapower sxi with a 170 ltr combined tank in my new build (3bed 2 showers plus bath etc). Was wondering if any heating guys have fitted one of these yet and if they have had any call backs or faults. Mine seems good so far but havent run it for long as propert still empty. Also would it be okay to add scale inibitor into one of the towel rails. Rads have been on and off and system drained for painting etc but has now been refilled for the last time. Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
you shouldn't get any problems. very good units. You should put central heating inhibitor in the system. e.g. sentinel X100
you should also invest in some scale protection

Cheers Micky - Yes it seems like a nice unit and the tank heats up nice and quick but its not really a combi is it ?The plate inside says it is though. Plenty of pressure at the showers and the litres per minute seem to satisfy N H B C. Ive got some Bond It P C 100 from Selco do you think that would be ok for the inhibitor - dont want to put inferior product in - Thanks again

If you dont use Sentinel or Fernox or Camco inhibitor then i expect you have got an inferior product.

When buying something costing £15 to protect a £2000 system is it worth trying to save six or seven pounds?

Would you put Tesco oil in a new BMW or Audi?

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back