Gloworm Ultimate 50ff noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have gloworm ultimate 50ff, generally it's been reliable and in the last 12 years I have only had to change the fan once, It has now developed another fault though, it works fine but there is a continous buzzing noise due to one of the relay's on the circuit board continously vibrating at what sounds like around 50hz (you can feel it by pressing a finger on the relay).

I am thinking it needs a new circuit board or can anyone think of anything else it could be?

If so whats the feeling on recon vs a new part?

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Are any of the electrolytic capacitors on the board bulging?

Can you read the coil voltage of the relay that's buzzing?

Sponsored Links
I haven't taken the board out at the moment (because the boiler is still working fine), If it sounds like the board I'll just order a new one and hopefully fit it before the old one gives up completly.

OH GOD another troll! The relays on this PCB are beneath a perspex box - give up :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back