Glowworm 24cxi Filling Loop Problems

bp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had the filling tap replaced approx 4 months ago by a senior engineer at Vaillant and then had the boiler serviced a week later by a local firm. 2 days ago noticed that the pressure had gone down to 0.9 and was the first instance that I have had to use it since. It required a bit of force to open it and when I had the required pressure and closed the tap, water continued to leak from a valve that the filling loop connects to and am having to switch off the water from the mains for it to stop.

It appears that the water drops at a greater rate when the tap is fully closed and tends to fall at a slower rate when you partially turn it in the open direction after having fully closed it. When you fully close the tap and the water is leaking you also notice the pressure recording going up over time.

Can anybody tell me what the problem may be and what it is that needs replacing.

Thanks for you time.

Sponsored Links
Call Glow Worm back and tell them to put right the carp repair they have done.

Senior engineer to change a filling loop :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the response and was intending to get back to Vaillant if I could definitely isolate the problem down to the part that was changed. Would this problem therefore definitely be down to a fault with the filling loop and not say the valve where the water is dripping from?

Sponsored Links
You could remove the loop and re-fit it to see if it seals itself. Could just be the 'o' ring has not seated properly.

If it is the CXi I am thinking of, the entire filling loop is supplied with the boiler and 'built in' so therefore covered by the warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back