glowworm 30 cxi display fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have a glowworm 30 cxi that has been in service for around 2 years, it was proffesionally fitted and is serviced as recommended.
last night i noticed that the digital display which usually reads 6 bar (always thought this to be a little high but the local engineer says its ok) has gone down to 3.3 bar and is flashing, when a demand is set for central heating the dispay continues to flash 3.3 bar and may show an increase to around 3.7 bar, (this increase does not always happen.)
I understand that the display should read the system temperature when the central heating is operating, it does not do this and continues to flash the 3.3 bar display constantly.
The water heating seems to be working although it seems to take a little longer to heat up than it used to.
The radiators all get hot throughout the house, almost too hot, i think they feel hotter than usual on full heat setting.
The central heating system was only turned back on by me last night and i performed a check of its functions before it is needed this winter, (i live in Penzance in cornwall, gets cold here !) it was then i noticed that although it seems to be working it is not quite right.
there is no fault light lit, the display LED is showing green as always.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this problem.

Sponsored Links
The pressure will not be 6 bar - no system runs at that. Normal is about 1 bar. At 3 bar the pressure reief valve would operate and squirt water through to outside. Are you reaading the guage right?
Other than that, I'm not clear whatthe problem is.

Just been downstairs to check, it definitly says 3.1 bar now and is still flashing. I have no water coming out of the vent pipe outside. I have seen the display read 5 / 6 bar before. I am only reading what is actually on the display, it says "bar" under the numbers 3.1 and this too flashes.
The water coming from the hot tap is also much hotter than before the display started flashing.
this is puzzling me as i have not re set the temp controls highter or fiddled with the boiler in any way. all i have done is turn the radiator timer back on and made sure all the radiators get hot.
Basically i dont want to pay a call out charge for something simple. if i need to put more water in or flick a switch then i would rather do it than pay, if its a big problem then i will pay to get it sorted, i just dont want to waste money if its an easy fix.

Sponsored Links
ok, fair enough on the pressure, wondering why it was so high anyway. it is now reading 3.1. any ideas on the flashing display and lack of temperature display ?

Why not let the system cool right down, then release pressure in the system from a drain point, (dont use the pressure realease valve as it may cause problems) until it reads 1 bar, then use as normal and see what happens.

I dont like bloody electronic integrated everything, better with seperate mechanical pressure guage, better idea of where you are.

sorted, lots of air in an upstairs radiator, bled it and the problem has gone away ! now reading 1.9 bar and not flashing, happy now as it didnt cost anything, now must get it serviced. thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back