Glowworm 30 hxi F3 fault

i'm neve bothered about providing info myself. i'm still awake so please feel free to call me for mor advive. 07925219660. i would be glad to help.

Sponsored Links
as myself and clf gas have already stated you have a faulty fan, this generates an F3 fault code. (not in the book but a GW engineer will know it)

Definatelty F3... last time I had this fault it was the Fan bearing which was faulty, a bit of lubrication cured it. The fan seems to be free at the moment. The boiler has an upgraded PCB, any ideas are welcome.

Ian

My God!

If you have a faulty and jammed jack screw do you just squirt some WD40 over it and hope that it will keep going for a few more flights?

Last time someone did that on a plane it became unflyable ( there are two motors but only one jack screw! ) and it came down killing all aboard !

Tony

Definatelty F3... last time I had this fault it was the Fan bearing which was faulty, a bit of lubrication cured it. The fan seems to be free at the moment. The boiler has an upgraded PCB, any ideas are welcome.

Ian

My God!

If you have a faulty and jammed jack screw do you just squirt some WD40 over it and hope that it will keep going for a few more flights?

Last time someone did that on a plane it became unflyable ( there are two motors but only one jack screw! ) and it came down killing all aboard !

Tony

Tony, Its funny it doesn't matter which forum you go on there's always someone who take your role of judging others etc, unlike some forum members who offered genuine advice and help. The lubrication of the fan bearing was over two years ago and the armature is still rotating freely, so I would suggest it was a good cost effective repair.

Sponsored Links
as myself and clf gas have already stated you have a faulty fan, this generates an F3 fault code. (not in the book but a GW engineer will know it)

Thanks to DM, Jonjb and clf gas.....for your comments, opinions and offers of help. DM was correct the fan was faulty, I was able to check there was a 24v supply going to it. on removal of the fan and closer inspection one of the components on the fan circuit board had become desoldered and actually dropped out, obviously an overheat issue!!. new fan fitted and the start up cycle commenced eg, fan, gas valve and ignition but still failed to run. Varying F1, F4 and F13 faults. I changed the spark plug thingy with a spare I had and hey presto, back to a warm house and a contented wife, dog and cat. :D :D :D :D

Thanks again

I agree that oiling the fan was a cost effective repair as it was in your own home and whilst you might get cold no one is likely to die or become injured as a result.

However, when we do repairs for our customers its essential that we do the job properly and that means a new part if the fault cannot be permanently repaired.

Many people would take the view that anyone with a proper job should replace any faulty parts on their cars or home appliances. You are already benefitting greatly from being able to ask our help and then replace the parts yourself.

Tony

You are already benefitting greatly from being able to ask our help and then replace the parts yourself.

Tony

Thanks for your comments Tony, however I think you're missing the point, You actually didn't offer any help, just critcised, procrastinated and considered if you weren't CORGI registered you were a numpty. I actually value the input from the other forum members who offered solutions, ideas, sound technical support etc. Maybe next time your response might be ( This is a job best carried out by a CORGI registered plumber, however if you want to try a few tests you could..........) I actually don't think you had a clue. You might be better suited to giving answers on a womens problem page, sounds more your style.

By the way if you ever have a problem on the pitot static system on your plane or your fly-by-wire isn't working properly give me a call and I'll still try and help.

By the way if you ever have a problem on the pitot static system on your plane or your fly-by-wire isn't working properly give me a call and I'll still try and help.

I dont have a plane but when I fly on them I do like to walk round and see if you or your mates have left unmarked silver tape over the pitot static ports or forgotten to cover them when parked in the tropics for a week so that bugs can nest inside. ( Or even crossed over the connections between captain and first officer. )

I also wish that I had the opportunity to move all the surfaces from one end of travel to the other and back before takeoff.

And during the flight to prevent pilots from balancing fuel from a good wing tank to a leaking one!

On landing after a long flight over Siberia at an external air temp of -35C that the pilot makes a powered approach so that the engine oil cooler puts enough heat into the fuel to prevent ice crystals creating a blockage.

Also to check that on an engine change the correct length of fuel hose has been used and for that matter that the bolts on the cockpit windows are long enough.

Apart from that, I stick to doing what I do best and thats fixing boilers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back