Glowworm 30ci pressure loss

Hi,

So Marev, what was the outcome of the works performed during february, please advise what was done and if the outcome was sartisfactory.

I assume it was because no further posts on the subject have been made. I am suffering a similar problem and would love to know how to resolve the problem. Rgds, Oxicontin

Sponsored Links
Hi oxi,

There was no problem with the expansion vessel or pipework.

As a last resort they fitted yet another prv, re-inflated the expansion vessel and this finally cured the problem.

It would appear that the first replacement prv they fitted may have come from a faulty batch.

Have had no problems since.

Yes..I know i'm late in on this one, but I'd agree about the flexi tube from behind the pump to the expansion vessel being blocked with crud.

This will probably sort the problem short term, but the system possibly has sludge issues. Either poweflush or put one of those Magnacleans on the return..we are testing one at the Mo on a filthy system and its doing pretty well..so far.

Alfredo

i have the same boiler and its doing a similar thing
no water seems to be coming out of the over flow. all rads/pipe work is leak free
when i refill the boiler with the blue tap something under the boiler starts to drip, it stops when the blue tap is turned off
i will get the Prv valve changed and see how it goes
any plumbers in the wigan area want to sort it out?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back