Glowworm 30Si Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP !!! I have a problem with the above boiler that is running me around in circles, and costing me a fortune in callouts, and wondered if anyone has experience of the same problem.

The boiler was installed in 2004 by a CORGI engineer and in the main has worked fine ever since. I did have a problem with it losing pressure caused by it dumping water through the overflow about 18 months ago but that was tracked down to a faulty zone valve which was replaced and then all OK again. That was until about 3 weeks ago when it lost pressure overnight. I topped up the pressure via the filling loop to about 1.8 bar (and switched the loop off again!) but the system won't hold pressure for more than a few hours.

The problem is that it is not leaking out of the overflow, there are no leaks under the floors (I have lifted all the downstairs floors to trace the pipework) and the Schrader valve is dry when checked so I assume the diaphram is intact?

Thus where the hell is the water going to allow the pressure to drop?

To clarify I am not a pro but I am an engineer by trade so I do have an idea of how they work. I have no intention of doing any work myself but have had a local company back 4 times in the last two weeks and they are now at a loss as to know what to do.

The issue I have is that I am meant to be moving house on the 25th of May and need this sorted before then. I don't want to cut any corners though, or do a temporary repair, as that wouldn't be fair on the new owners. However I just don't know what to do next.

I can call out Heatcall (via Glowworm) but that is £195 every time they come and as my local company can't sort it I am not confident the manufacturer will either.

Any ideas/experience?

Thanks

Nick :?:

Sponsored Links
does the pressure increase whilst it is heating?

if so you need to repressurize the expansion vessel

if not maybe at some point the system was over filled and the PRV open, and now the PRV is not sealing

you may well not have a leak on the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back