Glowworm BBU 54/4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i was wondering if anyones had a fault on these back boilers where a clicking noise comes from the pcb?

Ive been called out to a customer with an overdue boiler service and a noise from the boiler.

Spent about 90 mins stripped it all down cleaned pilot, filters etc etc and put it all back together and there seems to be a clicking noise from the pcb. As if a relay is clicking.

This noise sometimes goes on all the time and sometimes only for short periods, but at the end of every cycle the red lock out light comes on.

Now the only thing ive ever changed on these boilers is the oxy pilot as glowworm stipulate pilot size etc will determine the boiler to lock out. The flames nice and blue but a little bit long than stipulates, but my way of thinking is could the oxy pilot be causing this as it has a flame sensing probe on it too as well as ignition probe. Im thinking if its not rectifiying properly could this be causing it to make the noise and eventually lock out.

I know its a long shot but £30 for a oxypilot is a big difference to £200 for a pcb.

Any glow worm guys give me some help please, thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back