Glowworm bolier- recurring fault 22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have flexicom glowworm boiler. Problem is fault 22 is recurring....I repressurise the system but pressure falls below 0.5 within half hour and fault 22 appears.

White condensing pipe is constantly flowing outside whether heating is on or not. Could this be the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
If its a combi could be split heat exchanger.

Are you sure its not the prv pipe leaking as expansion vessel might need recharging or failed.

Is the filling loop shut off or not letting by.

What is the pressure at when boiler running.

Paul

Hi Paul

The prv pipe has been checked, its not leaking. Its the 19ml white pipe above the copper one.

I fill the system to 1.0 bar but this starts to fall soon after. Filling loop is shut off, not sure if it is letting by. Pressure usually falls below 0.5 within half hour and fault 22 will appear.

thanks

If its a combi could be split heat exchanger.

Are you sure its not the prv pipe leaking as expansion vessel might need recharging or failed.

Is the filling loop shut off or not letting by.

What is the pressure at when boiler running.

Paul

Why does it matter if its a combi?

From what you describe it sounds like the main heat exchanger is leaking.

Sponsored Links
If Iam right, yes it is. will cost a bit n all! Best getting a fix price repair from glow worm imo

I had similar issue with Glow Worm 30 Si - would leak a bar in a day. Couldn't find any leaks in the house and the PRV was fine with no water coming out of it into the external pipe. After much agony in searching I got in an experienced engineer who found a small split in the heat exchanger - and because the boiler was on all the time (with me re-pressurising it) the water was evapourating away so couldn't find the leak.

After much agony in searching I got in an experienced engineer who found a small split in the heat exchanger - and because the boiler was on all the time (with me re-pressurising it) the water was evapourating away so couldn't find the leak.

Amazing what an experienced engineer can do!

Better to call them first before all the repressurising has caused a lot of sludge in the system!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back