Glowworm Compact 100e - cut out problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having seen the helpful comments members have made on the forum to boiler malfunctions I wonder if any of you have any advice about a boiler I will be going back to on Monday?

The Glowworm Compact E is an old model combi boiler that some of you may still encounter.

Various scenarios of operation can occur on this boiler.

Consider DHW demand through tap say:

1) Boiler fails to ignite – have seen it is fan stage that interrupts sequence – no start on fan.

2) Boiler ignites (so fan working) then cuts out after 3 minutes hence water runs cold. Possibly power to fan is interrupted considering point 1) - to be investigated.

3) Boiler ignites and operates as normal: hot water continues until demand removed and central heating comes in and out according to normal operating temperature; i.e. fault free.

Be glad to hear what might be going through people’s heads when checking this one out.

Horice

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back