glowworm F - trouble starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glowworm F which will not ignite unless the ' reset ' ( RED button under the boiler ) is held in for 10 seconds or so - I presume this is the thermal cutout button ...?

The pilot is on so no issues there..

Once running it's not a problem - but obviously I can't time the heating to come on in the morning.

Not sure it's related but the pump is very noisy until the boiler lights / heating is warm and then the noise reduces ?

Finally can someone confirm this is not a sealed system - i.e no vessel to pressurize because I can't find one !

Many Thanks for all replies ...........

Sponsored Links
exactly what model, glowworm do several "f"anned flue boilers, I can't think of one that would overheat (need resetting) and NOT extinguish the pilot.
The vessel might be built into the boiler so impossible to say if it's sealed or open.

Sponsored Links
Fuelsaver does not have a built in vessel, however that doesnt tell you if the system is sealed or open.
From memory, the button underneath is an overheat cut off but as I said earlier this should shut off the pilot if it trips. I'd advise you to get a pro in.

Good question - not sure if the pump overrun is working need to check

The pump however is making a horrific sound on start-up and quite noisy even after a few minutes...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back