Pilot light won't stay lit - Baxi wm50 4rs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pilot light on my Baxi wm50 went out over night sometime and I can't get it to stay relit.

I held down the selector knob on the spark setting and the pilot lights no problems and I can see the flame being drawn to the right. I have kept the button depressed for about a minute before letting go at which point the pilot goes out.

The instruction manaul mentions reseting a thermal cutout switch which is around the back of the control box apparently. I have had the front off and felt around the back of both the valve assembly and the box that has the temperature setting on it and can't find it, can anyone confirm where exactly where it is as my tank is infront of the boiler and I can't get at it to peek around the back :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I had thought this may well be the case but I didn't want to call someone out just to reset the cutout switch if at all possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back