glowworm microm 60ff boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have just moved into a new home, it has the Glowworm micron 60ff boiler. I am not normaly stupid, but to get hot water with this boiler, i have to put on the central heating. Does this sound right. Surely not in the summer. Thanks in advance. I have downloaded the manual from Glowworm, but no mention of it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry what I meant was how do I just turn water only on on the boiler

Its not a combi, you turn water only on the programmer. If it wont do that then its the motorised valve as he said.

Sponsored Links
Without sounding daft, if theres no choice of water or heating on the programmer , does that mean heating with hot water only. No hot water on its own. I have uploaded a photo into my album of the programer

That's a single channel programmer. Try turning your room thermostat down, does that stop the radiators heating? If not, can you see a gate valve on the pipework in the airing cupboard? if there is one, it'll be after you pump just past a tee in the pipework. This is called a summer winter tap, a very out dated way of shutting down you heating but leaving your hot water heating on.

A picture of your airing cupboard would be helpful :)

If there is nothing obvious in the airing cupboard then do your radiators have thermostatic radiator valves?, if so just turn them down and jobs a good'un. Sounds like your system needs a bit of updating.

Tom, that was really helpful . I have taken a photo of a cupboard in my bathroom, it has two red taps. Not sure what does what. I do not know where the pump is. Hopefully my photo is uploaded.

Can you take a wider shot? I take it that's the hot water cylinder on the left?

The pump will be hidden somewhere, listen for the hum.

Hi Tom, no the tank is above in the loft. This is in the bathroom in a cupboard. Wiring goes through the cupboard probably to the pump. Sorry thats all I can show you, t8 both sides are the wall of the cupboard,maybe I can turn one off see what happens.

Well far right is a isolation for the cold feed in the loft, the other two are impossible to tell without seeing the rest of the system I'm afraid, could see which one gets hot when you run the boiler. If you've just bought the house maybe a phone call could be sorted to ask the old owner?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back