Glowworm Thermistor type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can I get some advice please before I fit my new thermistor.

I have a Glowworm Microm 60ff (poss yr 2005) and the manual lists the part number as 227036. I believe this has been replaced by 2000802636.

However, the brass(?) part of the original thermistor is about 4.5inches long with a further loose sleve above. The new part (2000802636) only has one about 1.25inch long! Is this the correct replacement and does it just drop in - the wire is long enough to compensate?

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I had to fit one about 1-2 years ago and it was about 100 mm long.

If its been changed than I dont know the details.

How do you know that its faulty?

Tony

Not certain its faulty but at £20 don't have much to loose, but need to ensure I have the correct part!

Boiler keeps cutting out and gets very hot. Strangely the main CH pump stops as well but I would have though that should keep running to move the heated water around? When the boiler cuts out there are no LED lights. Turn temp ctl to '0' and green LED but fan not run. Switch off mains for a few seconds then back on and fan runs with LED lit then stops running. This will happen a few times, then I will move temp ctl to mid point, switch off mains then back on again and after one or two attempts the boiler will relight. Occasionally I also get 'reset'LED flashing and 'burner'LED flashing quicker.

Sponsored Links
Its the right part. The old thermistors had a tendancy to blow PCB's.

Remember that the 30-50 Thermistor is different to the 60 and above.

Paul

Ermm, and where do the fajita's go? Is this a mexican Micron?

Paul

I thinks its a brazillian micron...its a hairs breadth from being a close shave away from the bin!

Thermistor changed and no change.

Nothing at all, green reset LED when temp ctl set to zero. Turn to mid point and led goes out and ........ nothing. Switch off power then back on again and the fan will run for its 10 seconds then.... nothing (irrespective of temp ctl positon - green reset LED on whilst fan runs.

Any ideas? PCB??

I was just about to ask you to measure the resistance of the thermistor and to say that it sounds to me more likely to be the PCB.

Then I read that you have jumped the gun and bought a new one to no avail.

From memory the thermistor resistance is higher than most, perhaps about 75K cold?

Tony

hi

i have this same problem. did replacing the thermistor correct your problem please ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back