Glowworm Migo ebus connection.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had my ageing Potterton 15he boiler replaced with a Glowworm energy7 18r. Rest of the system is a standard s-plan unvented system with a Drayton LP522 controller and on-off thermostat in the living room. I am thinking of replacing the controller and thermostat with a Glowworm Migo. Am I OK to remove the boiler front panel and connect the ebus cable myself or do I need to get a gas safe engineer to fit it?
Also, what's the general opinion of the Migo? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately if it’s a MiGo you want it’s not as simple as connecting it to the boiler you have - you’d need the MiGo system pack. This includes a new wiring centre which you’d have to connect your zone valve(s), cylinder thermostat and MiGo to which is then connected to the ebus connection on the boiler.

No problem, hive or nest might be the better option if you are wanting the internet control as that just replaces the programmer and thermostat. The hive receiver even uses the same backplate as your current programmer so should be a straightforward swap.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back