Glowworm royale 240/6 ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a glow worm royale 240/6. I was not there at last years service but the British gas engineer said the ventilation was not enough and it will not meet the new regulation.

The size of the vent is 27cm by 17cm and is fitted to boxed section that the pipes run up to the loft are in for the back boiler. This vent is about 1 metre away from one of the outside vents. The vent on the outside I think is roughly about 20cm by 15cm.

I can feel the air coming through the inside vent. If I lift the hatch where the motorized valves live I can really feel the breeze.

I can’t see how it’s not enough since before the vent was move to the wall (that was about 5 yrs ago) it was originally on the floor on the other side of the fireplace, the bg engineer said it was fine to move it there.

What sort of tests can I do to see if it’s up to the job?

Thankyou

djrock

Sponsored Links
The physical size of the vent, although not immaterial, does not really matter. It is the amount of free air that the vent passes that counts.

For your boiler I would always install a 100cm2 vent to outside and lined through the cavity.

Hi, I was planning on running PVC 100mm Ducting from the outside vent to the inside vent but the trouble is there’s hardly any space to run it up to the vent due to the pipes.

Could I get away with running the ducting to the bottom of the box section? Its not too far away from the vent.

Thankyou

djrock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back