Glowworm Ultimate 120 ff boiler pulses when powered up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, can anyone help?
My boiler works fine when CH or HW, or both are selected, but as soon as they are both switched off via the timer, the boiler hunts, fan switching on and off again every couple of seconds continually, and therefore the boiler does not fire up.
I have replaced the fan and pcb. the first two leds are on and the troubleshooting chart suggests the air pressure switch should be replaced (power gets to the switch, but the 'C' connection pulses. I have checked the air tubes for blockages (both are ok) and I know the fan is ok. If I disconnect one tube from the switch, the fan runs ok. So is it the air pressure switch which is at fault?
Regards, David

Sponsored Links
You seem to be eliminating faults by chucking parts at the boiler so why not carry on. To advise you that this work should only be undertaken by a competent person is a waste of time, so I won't bother. I don't think you will get any DIY advice.

The fan and pcb replacements were to fix previous problems, not the one I have now.
Any advice would be still be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Changing a fan should be done by a gas reg engineer and not a DIYer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back