glowworm ultimate 40 ff wont ignite

just blown down the clear tube and i cannot blow anyting down it should ther be any water there or is it just an vacume pipe

Sponsored Links
put the boiler so its trying to ignite then blow down the tube into the black aps and see if it fires up if not try sucking it depends on what tube youve taken off

Does the fan run then stop, run then stop? If so and its fully pumped remove the pump live at the boiler and see if it fires up? I so i'd be changing the pump.

Sponsored Links
when i suck or blow on the red pipe or the clear one you can hear i tick each time you suck or blow down each pipe

Can you see a spark nr the pilot light? It sounds like yer gas valve if there is, is there gas on :?:

hi tim boiler just fired up but . its odd the way i get it to fire up .i switch the boiler on and then blow hard into the side of the aps at the side of control box it does this evrey time

Dave interesting how the RGIs seem to be taking a back seat on this one !!

hi tim boiler just fired up but . its odd the way i get it to fire up .i switch the boiler on and then blow hard into the side of the aps at the side of control box it does this evrey time

Well if this is the case it sounds like the fan aint strong enough, the air venturi is blocked, the aps tubes may be split or the aps is goosed. You need an RGI to check this out if you not one yerself ;)

as evreybody run out of answers .boiler fires up when it wants to no .but most of the time you can here the spark ticking but no spark only evrey now and then

Then your ignition lead is shorting across in the wrong place more than likely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back