Glowworm Ultimate not always firing even though pilot is lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have bought a house with a 10 year old Glowworm Ultimate which seems somewhat temperamental.

The pilot is always lit and we always seem to have hot water but if we try to advance the central heating it doesnt always fire up. I have bypassed the wall mounted thermostat and bought a new timer switch but the same thing occurs.

It seems fine if it's left off for a while and then either the timer kicks in or we override it then it will (sometimes) fire up for a while and then after what seems a random period just goes back to the pilot and the heating goes off.

Any thoughts.

Many thanks.

James.

Sponsored Links
Reading through the posts on this forum I became increasingly sure it was the 3 port valve.

I had tested all the voltages coming from the micro switches into the 10 way which were all fine but nothing was moving on the valve.

I bought a new one from B&Q and before draining and replacing I decided to swap the motor as they were identical units.

Hey presto all working again.

Another failure for a 3 port valve!

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back