Glowworm Ultracom 30cxi boiler - Low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Glowworm Ultracom 30cxi combi boiler. Since last weekend the boiler has not been starting up due to low water pressure. I wake up in the morning and the boiler has not started and is flashing around 0.2 bar. I top up the pressure to 1.2 by opening the fill loop and it starts up again. It then works all day fine but again is showing low pressure the next morning.

Is there anything i can do or check ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi there

if the boiler is losing pressure then there is either a leak somewhere, or water may be coming out of the overflow outside. Can you see any evidence of this?

Kind regards

Hi,

No leaks but water is coming out the overflow. I also found a magnaclean filtration unit attached to the return on the CH pipework which hasnt been cleaned for at least 3 years. Could this cause a problem ? I will take apart and clean later anyway.

Thanks,

Regards

Kieran

Then you have a leaking prv, and probably a knackered expansion vessel.

If you are going to open a magnaclean, do it before you buy the other bits, cause chances are, it'll leak or the isol valves will snap, so you can get a new one while you are out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back