Glowworm Ultracom2 and Climapro2 RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a heating engineer in putting in a new boiler, cylinder etc in the loft. I asked him to get the Climapro2 RF for me as it looked good on the Glowworm website - but he normally uses Honeywell controls and is a bit confused by it all! I use this site a lot, so thought I'd ask for some help...

He is plumbing it in using S-Plan (doesn't mean much to me), but the pump, timer, controls etc are all part of the boiler. The boiler needs a permanent mains, earth, neutral, and has a switched mains input (presumably if it has external controls).

The question he can't get his head around, is how the boiler controls the valves (orange/grey cables) as there doesn't seem to be an output.

Any help would be very gratefully received!

Electrician let us down today, but will be coming in a few days to check it (I want heating/hw before then!)

Cheers
KP

PS - he is corgi.

Sponsored Links
your going to need the glowworm smart wiring centre if using the climapro 2, unless they do an options board for it. if using 240v controls you wont. put a link between L + RT for it to run temporarily and open your zone valves manually(as long as cylinder isnt unvented)

Thank you - I have Googled Smart Wiring Centre and will get one as it seems to be what he needs to install the Climapro2.

Cylinder is unvented (Stelflow) so I guess we have to choose between HW and heating?

Cheers
KP

Sponsored Links
Isn't that a good thing????

One question about the smart wiring centre (Google is a dangerous place). The manual states that the valves should be connected to the centre E/N/L - but what about the orange/grey cables to the valves that you would normally connect to a board on an S-Plan?

Cheers
KP

you dont need to connect grey+orange, just blank them off seperately with chock blocks. just make sure you feed the boiler and centre from the same spur so they can be powered up at the same time, otherwise you can get ebus connection issues.

Next time you get someone in for a boiler make sure they
have Part P electrical. Wiring up a wiring centre is straightforward
and they can therefore do the whole job not have to get an electrician in.
There is nothing special needed it is just a case of wiring the control centre via the 2 port valves to the boiler.

You said that he is installing it in the loft I hope he has provided proper access to the boiler hand rail, floor boards etc as required by building regulations.

Usually the loft isn't a place for a boiler.

Yup - loft is boarded, lit, with standing access etc.

Point noted re. Part P, although he is trusted engineer I have used for years, so sticking to what (who) I know.

Was difficult in this case as "control centre" is part of boiler and required wiring wasn't there (hence needing to purchase the Smart wiring thing).

Cheers
KP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back