Glowworm ultracom2 cxi - UFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house has a glowworm ultracom2 CXi 35 combi, feeding the radiators on all floors and for hot water in showers and taps. The heating element is controlled by a Nest 3rd gen thermostat.

I am going to do a ground floor refurb, and will be installing underfloor heating on the ground floor only, replacing a couple of the radiators.

The original plan was to do a 2-port motorised valve at the boiler, so that a feed and return goes to the UFH, separate from the rad system. Then the UFH to be controlled independently by a new thermostat, perhaps another nest.

However, reading the Glowworm ultracom2 manual, I saw that there are a couple of references to an "underfloor heating contact" in the boiler itself. This seems poorly documented - anyone knows what this is about? Another reference in the manual is that it has a single wire to connect for "Overheating safety connector for heating floor". Anyone knows what this is about?

Also, would you suggest a better/alternative way to control both systems that have two completely separate thermostats? Are there smart thermostats that can control both CH and UFH in this setup?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back