Glowworm ultrapower sxi wheres the water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Just moved into new house and ordinarily I would have the nowt to work this out, but at end of rope. I have a Glowworm Ultrapower sxi boiler and trying to find out if i have a fault or if thats it. I have the water on timer to heat for 4 hours, at end of that time I ran a bath, 6" of water and runs cold.
Is that how it is meant to be. Small tank, small water.

Any help gratefully received

Sponsored Links
is it the 100 you have?change the hot water time back to as it was.thats why it comes factory set from 6am to 12am. it will give you unlimited hw but the hw needs to be enabled.

is it the 100 you have?change the hot water time back to as it was.thats why it comes factory set from 6am to 12am. it will give you unlimited hw but the hw needs to be enabled.
Hi Thank you so much for replying. I dont know which model it just says sxi on the front. New build and I didnt get a manual, will be old and grey before they give me one.
If i change it back to the factory set, wont that be expensive? or am i being blonde. Also how do i do that, being even blonder. I have searched the internet to find out how to work with one of these, no luck. Always had a normal combi before, wish i had now.
Thanks
Anne

Sponsored Links
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/frontend/redirect.php?type=1&url=/stepone/data/downloads_sd/bb/00/00/sxi-range_04-sept-2009.pdf

heres a link to the manual. it wont cost a fortune .the more hot water you use the more gas you will use.

What a star you are. i thought as it was just me that I should just have it set for a few hours a day.
Can i test your patience a bit further. How come it only ran a few inches of water, when it had just been on. i thought it sort of worked like the old emersion tanks. i had a tank of water somewhere in that big thing and when it was run off, I had to wait for it to heat up another load. Is that not the case. Unlike a combi that heats it as it comes through.
So scared of getting big bills for stuff water/heat that I dont need. Not really a dumb blonde, just wished i had stayed where I was. What with curtains poles, mirrors and a hundred different rawl plugs needed, and then plaster ha ha.
Thanks for the link to the manual, will try and figure out how to get it back to factory setting.
Anne

the ultrapower is a good boiler and will out perform combis with regards to flow rates. if its the 100 then it has a 80 litre store but as soon as you draw hw it will start reheating the store at a fast rate to give you more than that . even after 100 litres it will give you hw but at less of a temp rise. but the hw needs to be on at the clock for this to happen.enjoy your new house .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back